Sunday, May 1, 2016

Beach Holiday

Yesterday I came back from camp at Foxton. We did many activities mostly at the beach these activities include, 100 steps, Sand Dunes, Fishing, Fetch, Shell Collecting and The scavenger Hunt. Firstly 100 steps is when you find a clear space on the beach, close your eyes and take 100 steps forward then open your eyes and check how strait you went you might be surprised. Moving on to fishing this was the first time I went fishing at first I was exited but after a while of standing by the water and hoping to get a bite meanwhile knowing that the chances of catching something was low it got a bit boring. Eventually I felt a tug. I pulled hard and tried to reel the fish in but it unfortunately wriggled away. Next I climbed up to giant sand dunes. In case you don't know what sand dunes are they are like hills make entirely out of sand. It was like an avalanche when I started climbing up and when I got to the top  I slid down. It made my clothes a bit sandy but I enjoyed it. Then I played fetch with Lilly. She is Steve's dog and Steve is a friend of my grandparents. Even though I have A dog I have actually never used a stick for fetch this is because my dog is scared of sticks, she's such a wimp. If I ever throw a stick instead of chasing after it she will just run away from it. When Lilly got bored of fetch I started picking up interesting shells for my collection. I found a entirely flat shell and a shell that was the size of my palm. We also set up a scavenger hunt to collect various things on a list then there were prizes for those who completed the list. I finished it so I got 4 dairy milk chocolate bars. So that was how I spent the last weekend of the holidays.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like heaps of fun, Maya! Are you going to save some of that chocolate for me? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maya this sounds like a wonderful weekend. Grandma told me a little bit about it but you've told us lots more! Have you eaten all the chocolate yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have eaten all the chocolate.

      Delete